Manufacturing and industry
About the client
Established in 1971, Devon-based Forthglade Foods has over 45 years’ expertise in pet nutrition. The company believes that pet food should be wholesome and nutritious, and only use 100% natural ingredients.
Forthglade Foods required a new 1,500KVA electrical installation. Being based on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park the challenge for BCR was to find enough power to be able to support the proposed installation at a cost that came within Forthglade Foods’ budget.
With the support of the existing Distribution Network Operator (DNO) power could be made available to site through reinforcement works on the local network. Initially a high voltage supply was reviewed and costed to supply the site with 1,000KVA. With the client requiring future-proofing, however, it became apparent that we needed to source and alternative solution to distribution that would not only be more cost- effective, but would also provide the full 1,500KVA required by Forthglade Foods.
BCR engaged with an alternative DNO to provide a low voltage (LV) connection capable of delivering 1,500KVA in an embedded network. This met the client’s needs in relation to both cost and future growth. We provided full project management and procurement expertise to assist Forthglade Foods in the following areas:
- Facilitating an embedded network solution
- Making power available to site
- Sourcing a suitable CT cabinet
- Supporting earthing requirements
- Building electricity profiles
- Securing procurement
- Sourcing metering and managing supplier, DNO and MOP
The solution provided by BCR provided an appropriate power connection to support Forthglade Foods’ new electrical installation and ensured the client has a cost-effective power source to provide the foundation for future growth.
- BCR provided a new site feasibility report for utilities and communications
- The client had a requirement to tender and provide support for a new 1,500KVA electrical installation
- BCR designed an affordable energy distribution solution
- Delivery, metering, profiling and procurement were all managed by BCR