Calculate your carbon
Calculating your operation's carbon footprint is the first step to developing a Net Zero plan, "you don't go on a diet without weighing yourself..."
Having visibility of the 'problem' will help you to set realistic science-based Net Zero targets that align with your organisations goals.
At BCR Associates we offer two ways to measure your business' Carbon Footprint:
- Carbon Calculator - A simple 21 step questionnaire which arms you with a baseline emissions figure (tCO2e) with totals for Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Visible Carbon - A more detailed online tool that using purchase ledger data to establish your Carbon Footprint inline with Scope 1, 2 and 3 broken down by nominal codes to allow you to capture all sources of emission and report progress regularly without needing hours of specialist analysis.
For access to a quick and easy emissions figure to start you on the journey, click below: (Top tip: go though the questions with someone in Finance)
Once you have a simple baseline and know the scale of your emissions our simple and user friendly platform Visible Carbon tool helps you gain a detailed understanding of your carbon footprint. The vast majority of your emissions will have an associated invoice or receipt ie: fuel, materials etc. Visible Carbon integrates with leading accounting software to capture this information and using your nominal codes allocate carbon emissions to each one.
80% of your emissions with be associated to 20% of your purchases. Visible Carbon will allow you to focus on the areas of your Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions that make the most difference to your overall emissions and give you the best Net Zero reductions.
Adhering to GHG Protocol (Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting standard), our Visible Carbon reporting tool is crucial to understanding your organisation’s contribution to climate change.
- Measures all scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions inline with GHG Protocol
- Ability to measure emissions for all usage types across your business including office space, warehousing, construction sites etc
- Different levels of granularity available depending on the data sets you have
- Over 10,000 worldwide carbon factors such as electricity, water, gas, freight, waste or materials purchased
- Annual or month-by-month results
- Supports compliance with SECR and ESOS
- Download results via Excel or PDF
- Integrate with accounting software
- Travel distances calculated
- Working from home and commuter surveys available
- Templates available for large data uploads
- Footprint compared year on year
- Hot spot analysis to highlight areas where impact needs to be reduce
To talk to an expert about calculating your company's carbon footprint: