Group life insurance helps to ensure that your employees' families and next of kin are financially protected should that individual die whilst working for you. A "death in service" benefit is usually based on a multiple of the employee's salary and is a contractual agreement between the policyholders (your employees) and the insurance provider.
The benefits of providing a group life insurance package to your employees are:
- Provides an attractive staff benefit which can aid recruitment and reduce staff attrition
- Offers peace of mind for staff that their dependents and next of kin will be financially secure in the event of their death
- Presents a tax-free benefit to the recipient (so long as it is not more than the employee's available lifetime allowance as set out by HMRC)
- Choosing group cover as opposed to individual cover will reduce the administrative burden and associated cost to the business
Our preferred life insurance provider will guide you and your management team through the process and help you to deliver the right life insurance package for your business.
Get in touch
Have a question about this? Please click below to get in touch with an expert.Contact us
You may also like
How long would your business survive if your clients didn’t pay you?
The UK business economy is currently in a state of limbo as we wait for a decision around how and when we leave the EU. As described by Andrew Sentence, an independent business economist, the UK economy is in “no-mans land”, we are neither benefiting from being a full-blooded member...
Is your business at risk of underinsurance?
What is underinsurance? In simple terms, underinsurance is when you/ your business holds an insurance policy that is inadequate in the event of a potential claim. This could mean that company assets are valued and insured at less than their true value, the limit of indemnity is too low, or the maximum...
5 things to consider when renewing your insurance policy
1. The reliability of your current provider From small independent brokers to large established organisations and finance companies adding insurance to their service offering, there are infinite options when it comes to choosing an insurance provider. However, with so many providers to choose from there is a risk that you will opt for...