Our InsightsKeep your business relevant and compliant with our carefully selected news and legislative updates below.
Archive for the: Energy category
With the harsh winter months approaching and energy prices continuing to rise, the question asked by most organisations is “How can we reduce the cost of our energy bills?”
We have therefore put together a brief list of top tips to help your business avoid any severe price hikes:
1. Take it...Read more
Did you know that the jellyfish is the most energy efficient animal on the planet, swimming three and a half times more efficiently than its closest rival (which is the salmon, in case you wanted to know)!
Humans could learn a lot from this creature’s lean use of energy. If you...Read more
As most people are now painfully aware, the cost of energy is set to increase year on year. The winter period tends to be a particularly expensive time as the cold weather increases the demand for energy for heating, meaning that prices will rise.
A number of factors that cause energy...Read more
Ofgem have announced a major regulation change which will impact the cost of your business’ electricity bills and may affect when you use electricity. This new regulation is called DCP 228 and is one of the latest regulations to impact DUoS (Distribution Use of System) charges and will come into effect from...Read more
...if you don't already, the introduction of DCP 161 legislation will mean that you will need to have a good understanding of your business' energy usage against capacity.
What is DCP 161?
DCP 161 is a new measure which has been introduced by Ofgem and will be effective from 1st April 2018....Read more
Technological developments in the energy sector means that it is now possible to remotely monitor your business’ energy consumption. The technology used for measuring gas and electricity varies slightly as Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and standard gas is measured by a data logger and electricity is measured by an Automated Meter Reader...Read more
Energy legislation such as MOD 0428 and P272 have had a significant impact on the way in which suppliers present your bill, and more importantly, the way that they charge your energy to you. Your energy bills will now look very different to how they have in the past.
Our energy...Read more
Your energy bill explained
The unit rate on your electricity bill is divided into two main elements; the wholesale costs of electricity (the commodity) and non-commodity costs. The wholesale element makes up approximately 48% of your electricity unit rate while the remaining 52% consists of a number of different government levies,...Read more